Thursday, August 6, 2009

a psalm to mnemosyne

Evidence that I have some sort of degenerative neurological disorder continues to mount; this is me trying to tell someone which exit to take from the freeway to the airport:

"It's named after that guy, the industrialist, with the planes, and they made that movie about him, with that guy who was also in THE DEPARTED."

Let's examine this, shall we?

(1) I couldn't remember the name of an exit that I have taken upwards of twenty times.
(2) I couldn't remember the name of Howard Hughes, one of the richest people in history.
(3) I couldn't remember the name of Leonardo DiCaprio, a veritable fixture of my adolescence.
(4) I couldn't come up with a more Leonardo-DiCaprio-specific movie than THE DEPARTED, a film with a gaggle of hugely famous actors in it.

No comments: