Tuesday, August 30, 2011

in which our heroine weighs in

The internet's schadenfreude reflex landed squarely on this girl today, and I can't say I disapprove. Of particular note is this little gem, which still exists in the Australian edition of Gizmodo, unaffected by the author's post hoc, face-saving edit:

"Also, for all you world famous nerds out there: Don’t go after two Gawker Media employees and not expect to have a post written about you. We live for this kind of stuff."

Are you kidding me?

On behalf of all the serious professional women out there, let me say this: gentleman, you absolutely can, you absolutely should go out on dates with women and not just assume that they are going to use you to their professional advantage. Women who do that are evil. Don't touch them; you don't know where they've been.

As I've said elsewhere, there's a word for women who go out on dates for professional, rather than personal reasons.

....

"Whore." The word is "whore."

No comments: